Recruitment is a vital aspect of any business, but it can also be a time-consuming and
resource-intensive process. In this blog post, we will discuss five common
factors that slow down the recruitment process and provide tips on how to speed
1. A lack of clear job descriptions can make it challenging to identify the right candidates
for the position. It is important to define the duties, responsibilities,
required skills, and experience for the role, as well as have a comprehensive
understanding of the job package, including benefits such as life insurance and
holiday days. This information should be made available and understood by the
2. An unorganised recruitment process can prolong the review of resumes, scheduling
of interviews, and decision-making process. Implementing a system for tracking
and managing candidates can improve the efficiency of the process, whether it
be a basic spreadsheet or an Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
3. Delays in communication with candidates or providing feedback can hinder the recruitment process. It is essential to communicate clearly and promptly with candidates to keep the process moving smoothly and to provide a positive candidate experience.
4. A long or complex application process can discourage candidates from applying or cause delays in the process. Streamlining the application process and making it
specific to the job can improve its efficiency. A recent poll on Linkedin showed 80% of people expect a 2 stage process (Jan 2023)
5. Insufficient resources can slow down the recruitment process. Allocating more resources and planning ahead by mapping out important dates and dedicating time can help speed things up.
By addressing these common factors, businesses can improve the efficiency of their
recruitment process and find the best candidates for their open positions.
Overall, the key to speeding up the recruitment process is to be organised, communicate
clearly, streamline the application process, and allocate sufficient resources.
By addressing these factors, you can find the right candidates faster and get
your open positions filled more efficiently.